We are so excited that you want to start a T.H.R.I.V.E. group in your area. The process is easy!
1. Select 4-5 people who are well known in your community and who you consider to be “strong networkers.” These people will be your steering committee and should be willing to invite everyone they know to support the debut of T.H.R.I.V.E. Lunch in your area.
2. Schedule a meeting with your committee to discuss T.H.R.I.V.E.’s mission and why they have been selected to launch this Restaurant Support Network in your area.
a. The committee CANNOT comprise of self-serving individuals. If done correctly, these representatives will benefit greatly for caring enough to provide a fun, effective means for networking with the ultimate benefit given to the hosting restaurant. The committee is comprised of people who have a heart for business retention and supporting local entrepreneurs.
b. T.H.R.I.V.E. Lunch is NOT intended to be affiliated with any other member association or organization (i.e. your local Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Organizations, or other similar clubs/groups.) T.H.R.I.V.E. Lunch values all of these organizations and wants all organizations to participate, support, promote, and be involved. If T.H.R.I.V.E. Lunch were affiliated to just one organization there is a risk of limiting or excluding participants.
3. You will discuss ways to build an invitation list. Email blasts, evite (punchbowl.com), or other tools to get the word out of upcoming destinations and frequent reminders. This is the most labor/time intensive component of the process and it is ongoing. The organizer will administer the invites and reminders to ensure a successful turnout at each restaurant destination.
5. T.H.R.I.V.E. does not discriminate. Do not exclude anyone from the invitation! “We exist to help local restaurant owners thrive.” No exclusivity, no memberships, no formal program. Its just lunch!
6. Don’t build an invitation list of people who “want” to be a part of T.H.R.I.V.E.. Send emails to EVERYONE. Your committee should have no trouble forming an invitation list of 300+ email contacts. If the contacts are not interested, they will let you know, respectfully remove them from your list upon request.
7. Choose the day of the week you would like to meet.
8. Choose the date you would like to start.
9. Contact Sarah Schneider at 920-428-4800 so you can be added to the website and have your own T.H.R.I.V.E. Lunch Group list AND gain access to your own calendar.
10. Choose at least 4 Restaurants that you can start with.
a. Your debuting restaurant should be conveniently located, but remember, T.H.R.I.V.E. tries to identify “the best kept secrets.” What makes T.H.R.I.V.E. Lunch unique are the restaurants you select. You know you’ve picked a good one when your participants say, “I never even knew this place was here!”
b. The only requirement to the restaurateur is to provide separate checks.
c. Choose a variety of eateries. (i.e. Pizza, family restaurant, bar & grill, ethnic or cultural venues, fine dining, etc.)
d. Choose locations throughout your region. This will expose people to convenient meeting sites throughout the area.
e. The only criteria a Restaurateur needs is to be locally owned. (Even locally owned franchises may qualify.)
11. Have someone on your steering committee confirm these Restaurants prior to posting them to your calendar.
If you have any questions or need any assistance in getting a T.H.R.I.V.E. Lunch group started in your area. Don’t hesitate to call Sarah Schneider OR attend a T.H.R.I.V.E. Lunch to check it out for yourself.